Weighing instrument use maintenance precautions
1. Installation: Generally, the instrument should be placed in a clean, dry, ventilated, and temperature-friendly environment. The position of the instrument should be fixed, do not move it often, otherwise it may cause the inner lead of the signal cable plug to fall off and cause malfunction.
2. Power supply: Weighing instruments (such as 8142, 8530, etc.) mostly use 220 volt AC power supply, and the allowable voltage variation is generally 187 volts --- 242 volts. After changing the power supply line, remember that it is necessary to measure whether the voltage meets the requirements before powering the instrument. If you accidentally turn the 380 volt power supply to the meter, it may cause damage. When the power supply voltage fluctuates greatly, a well-regulated voltage regulator (such as a CW type AC parameter regulator) should be used to ensure the normal use of the instrument. Do not use the same power outlet with strong interference sources (such as motors, bells, fluorescent lamps) to avoid unstable meter display values. Some meters (such as HAWK watches, etc.) are AC and DC. When using dry batteries, be careful that battery leakage can damage the instrument. When not using the battery for a long time, remove the battery.
3. Grounding: The weighing instrument should be connected to an independent and good grounding wire (grounding resistance <4 ohms, grounding wire should be as short as possible). The grounding wire has a double function: it not only protects the personal safety of the operator, but also has an important anti-jamming function, which can ensure that the instrument works stably. The ground wire is connected to the instrument power socket, if the instrument ground wire is connected to the public strong Electrical protection on the ground, this may cause power disturbances to the meter, so that the meter display value fluctuations. It should be regularly checked whether the ground connection point is in good contact. Because after a long time, each connection point is oxidized, rust and the like will make the instrument virtually ineffective.
4. Sun protection: Avoid direct sunlight on the black casing of the instrument, otherwise it may damage the instrument working environment beyond the rated temperature range.
5. Waterproof: Under normal circumstances, although the humidity of the instrument working environment can reach 95%, it is stipulated that no condensation can occur. Except special stainless steel housing instrument with waterproof function.
6. Anti-corrosion: corrosive substances can not penetrate into the instrument, otherwise it will cause corrosion on the circuit board components and circuit board itself, over time, may make the instrument scrapped. Even the instrument with antiseptic function will have the same result if it is not closed tightly.
7. Lightning Strike: Electronic scales are weak systems that are vulnerable to lightning strikes and damage components. Lightning mainly enters the instrument from two aspects: it is introduced from the power line and imported from the weighing platform via the signal cable. In normal weather, the operator can only operate the power switch, but in the case of possible close lightning strikes, the instrument power plug and weighing platform signal cable plug must be unplugged. It is best to take measures against lightning strikes, such as adding surge protection devices to the instrument power circuit.
8. Anti-strong electricity: 220 volt or more of the power cord accidentally hit the scale platform or use the scale platform as the ground wire, welding operation on the scale platform may damage the instrument.
9. Cleaning: In the industrial environment, there will be dirt or contamination on the instrument housing, which must be wiped clean with a damp rag in the event of a power failure. However, be careful not to wipe the display window with solvents such as alcohol. This will deteriorate the light transmission performance and blur the display.
10. Anti-static: Once the meter is damaged, it is necessary to repair it. Some units prefer to remove the PCB board of the instrument and send it by express mail in order to speed up the passing back and forth. This creates an anti-static problem. Take the four corners of the board when picking up the PCB board. Do not touch the pins of the manifold with your hands. Because it is easy for static electricity to damage the manifold. The removed PCB board should be immediately put into the shielding bag and can be wrapped in ordinary newspaper without a shielding bag. If you put the board on a highly insulated desktop, you may damage the PCB board. When you receive a repaired PCB and need to reinstall the instrument, you should also pay attention to anti-static electricity.
11. Anti-vibration: When the instrument is transported, it is better to put it in the original packing box or take appropriate anti-vibration measures.
12. Explosion protection: If the instrument is used in a compound or intrinsically safe explosion protection system, the relevant regulations for explosion protection should be followed.
13. Responsibility: The electronic weighing instrument is a relatively advanced weighing system and should be specially operated and maintained by trained personnel. At present, most weighing instruments determine the function and performance of the instrument by setting and correcting the parameters on the software. Once these parameters are arbitrarily changed, it may affect the accuracy of weighing and its functions (such as not printing or not communicating). Therefore, it is also very important to determine the respective responsibilities of operators and maintenance personnel.
Shanghai Automation Instrumentation Co., Ltd. Marketing Center---Product consultation, ordering contact: 021-51871155/51871177-811
Mobile phone contact: Manager Chen E-mail:
For more product information, please click::.com